Membership in the HUBZone Council is available to small businesses involved or interested in the HUBZone Contracting Program, corporate sponsors, prime contractors, large businesses, non-profit organizations, and government agencies.
The Council monitors public policy and promotes actions that support the well-being of the HUBZone program while encouraging public policies that enhance and expand business opportunities for Council member companies and other firms that have been certified as HUBZone contractors by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Council members enjoy the following benefits:
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- consultations with the Council's legal counsel regarding protests, challenges, and related issues (up to one complimentary hour per year)
- access to the HUBZone Council Help Desk, providing HUBZone certification, recertification, and marketing support (up to one complimentary hour per year)
- MARKETING & CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITIES
- access to the Classified Opportunities Board, an electronic listing service for HUBZone business opportunities from federal agencies and prime contractors
- periodic emails highlighting presolicitation, sources sought, RFP, and subcontracting opportunities
- exceptional networking opportunities to learn from other HUBZone contractors
- complimentary match-making host table at National HUBZone Conference for primes and sponsors
- INFORMATION & SUPPORT
- Council member edition of The Zone Report, a periodic e-newsletter
- news, advisories, and practical information updates via the members-only Newswire
- access to the latest information about legislative and regulatory issues impacting the HUBZone program
- effective representation on Capitol Hill through the HUBZone Council's interactions with Members of Congress and regulatory officials
- opportunity to participate in advisory committees to help to maximize networking opportunities and build professional profiles
- REWARDS, DISCOUNTS & EXCLUSIVE SERVICES
- complimentary AchieveLinks membership to earn points and rewards for online purchases from merchants such as Best Buy, Sears, The Home Depot, FedEx Office, Staples, iTunes, Marriott, OfficeMax, and hundreds more
- HUBZones Work for America Visa Platinum Rewards credit card to earn AchieveLinks points to obtain merchandise, travel, gift cards, and make charitable donations
- comprehensive personnel management & human resources services through Insperity (Council members receive exclusive discounts) [Updating HR Policies]
- subscription discounts and access to contracting opportunities and information from Set-Aside Alert
- management and employee retirement planning services and investment programs through Piedmont Independent Fiduciaries (Council members receive exclusive discounts) [Regulatory Hurdles]
- discounted product purchases in the HUBZone Marketplace
- discounted registrations for the annual National HUBZone Conference
- MEMBERS-ONLY COUNCIL WEBSITE RESOURCES
- Legal & Contractual Issues
- Legislative & Regulatory Issues & Links
- Federal Contracting Opportunities Strategies & Links
- Contract Proposal Tools
- Teaming & Partnering
- Federal Compliance Contacts & Resources
- Protest & Appeal Information
- Dispute Resolution Techniques
- Federal Tax & Employer Issues & Links
- Council Member Directory Profiles (see sample at right)
- SPECIAL BENEFITS FOR GOVERNMENT AGENCIES & PRIMES/LARGE BUSINESSES
- Posting capability for sources sought notices, RFPs, and subcontracting offers on the Classified Opportunities Board
- Complimentary consultations to develop HUBZone subcontracting strategies
- Complimentary participation with priority placement in Council match-making events
- Complimentary table-top exhibit space at National HUBZone Conferences (includes one free full-conference registration)
- Complimentary event postings on Council website calendar
Subscription Discounts for
HUBZone Council Members
Contact Tom Johnson at 301-229-5561
"The HUBZone Council is respected, and considered a force to be reckoned with, by SBA field offices. Just mentioning membership in the Council seemed to provide that little extra boost in getting their attention and assistance."
- D.J. Whitman, Seward Ship's Drydock, Seward, Alaska
COUNCIL MEMBERSHIP DOES NOT PROVIDE HUBZONE CERTIFICATION STATUS.
COMPANIES MUST APPLY FOR HUBZONE CERTIFICATION THROUGH THE
U.S. SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION.
Dues payments, contributions, and gifts are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes; however, they may be deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses. Two percent (2%) of membership dues is allocated for lobbying-related activities and therefore is non-deductible as a business expense for federal income tax purposes.
(Subject to change.) [IRC 162(e) and 6033(e)].
The Council accepts members regardless of race, creed, sex, color,
physical disability, and national or ethnic origin.